Two problems: DNS and no Wireless now.

DontEatTheYellowSnow

Two problems: DNS and no Wireless now.

Post by DontEatTheYellowSnow »

Hi

I have two problems with 7800DXL.

I have been trying to change DNS - and also trying to set up WAN interface as default.

I have gone through every section, changing Plusnet's DNS 212.159.6.9 for Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
saving each change as I go - but when I return to the WAN page for instance - Plusnet pops up again.

Is it possible that Plusnets DNS has to be listed - in other words can Google DNS only work off the back of Plusnet?

I've had this 7800DXL for a number of years, but this is the first time I cannot use Wireless on Windows 7 64 bit.

All the Window repair options report that it cannot find Gateway - that as you know is the 7800DXL itself.

I have run all the CMD / ipconfig I can find, including flushing DNS.

I have restored a number of previous Configurations - but the problem remains.

Any thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen
billion_fan

Re: Two problems: DNS and no Wireless now.

Post by billion_fan »

DontEatTheYellowSnow wrote:Hi

I have two problems with 7800DXL.

I have been trying to change DNS - and also trying to set up WAN interface as default.

I have gone through every section, changing Plusnet's DNS 212.159.6.9 for Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
saving each change as I go - but when I return to the WAN page for instance - Plusnet pops up again.

Is it possible that Plusnets DNS has to be listed - in other words can Google DNS only work off the back of Plusnet?

I've had this 7800DXL for a number of years, but this is the first time I cannot use Wireless on Windows 7 64 bit.

All the Window repair options report that it cannot find Gateway - that as you know is the 7800DXL itself.

I have run all the CMD / ipconfig I can find, including flushing DNS.

I have restored a number of previous Configurations - but the problem remains.

Any thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen
1. You can change the DNS servers under 'Advanced Setup >> DNS >> DNS' on this page select the 'Use the following Static DNS IP address' and enter in the 'Primary DNS server' section 8.8.8.8 and in the 'Secondary DNS server' page enter 8.8.4.4 and click on 'Apply', now click on 'Status' on the top left hand side and check the Primary DNS Server/Secondary DNS Server listed under the 'Connection Time' it should show as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

2. Regarding your Win 7 wireless issue, are other devices able to connect to the internet?? Is it just this windows 7 machine having a issue?? When you perform a ipconfig within command prompt what IP address, subnet, default gateway are you obtaining from the router??
DontEatTheYellowSnow

Re: Two problems: DNS and no Wireless now.

Post by DontEatTheYellowSnow »

Thank you billion fan - that sorted the DNS issue out.

The other problem turned out to be the Intel wireless card software.

I installed the updated Pro wireless set - and now it's all working okay.

Many thanks.

Stephen