Is it safe to upgrade software version?

acampbell

Is it safe to upgrade software version?

Post by acampbell »

My 7800N has stopped showing anything in DHCP Table. I understand that the recommended solution is to upgrade the software from 106g to 106h. Is there any risk that doing this will result in an unusable router?

I'm worried because this happened to me previously on a different router.
billion_fan

Re: Is it safe to upgrade software version?

Post by billion_fan »

acampbell wrote:My 7800N has stopped showing anything in DHCP Table. I understand that the recommended solution is to upgrade the software from 106g to 106h. Is there any risk that doing this will result in an unusable router?

I'm worried because this happened to me previously on a different router.
There is nothing to worry about, the firmware needed is 1.06h.dt2 (the router has a emergency recovery boot rom built in, just case of failure during the firmware upgrade process which is very unlikely)

Link to the firmware below
http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... 0n-106hdt2
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

Thanks for the quick reply, Can you please tell me where the emergency recovery procedure is documented? I need to print it before updating because this is my only router so I won't be able to access the internet if anything does go wrong.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

acampbell wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, Can you please tell me where the emergency recovery procedure is documented? I need to print it before updating because this is my only router so I won't be able to access the internet if anything does go wrong.
attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

Thanks very much - I'll try the update over the weekend.