Add DuckDNS to the Dynamic DNS options?

Got a suggestion or want to add something to our future wishlist?
donegal

Add DuckDNS to the Dynamic DNS options?

Post by donegal » Tue May 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi folks,

First time posting as the proud owner of a new Billion 8800NL

In the Dynamic DNS menu on the 8800NL, there are currently 19 providers supported and pre-configured
Might it be possible to add the Dynamic DNS provider DuckDNS to the options menu in the 8800NL GUI and perhaps other models also?

DuckDNS is a free service run by a small group and they have a Google+ community where they provide support
I personally find it reliable, light-weight and easier to use than other services

I'm not involved with them, only an end-user but I could perhaps make contact on their community if Billion were to consider adding support
It may be possible for Billion to add support from just following the install guides on the site itself

While I haven't attempted it yet, I might be able to configure the service through telnet but pre-configured GUI support would be great!

Many thanks,

C

agroni

Re: Add DuckDNS to the Dynamic DNS options?

Post by agroni » Wed May 27, 2015 7:52 am

This is my wish too.

donegal

Re: Add DuckDNS to the Dynamic DNS options?

Post by donegal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Just an update here

I've managed to get my 8800nl working with DuckDNS by using the "updates.dnsomatic.com" option in the GUI

It's not ideal as we're relying on a third-party service (DNS-O-Matic from OpenDNS) to relay the IP updates across to DuckDNS but it has worked without any perceivable issue for a few weeks now. A dedicated selection for DuckDNS in the GUI would be great

Cheers,

C

Adrianjodet

Add DuckDNS to the Dynamic DNS options

Post by Adrianjodet » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Nice service, I have a small request for your stats;

Can you add a new filter where visitors are regroup in continent Europe, Asia, Africa,... ?
Would give a nice insight about traffic,

Thanks;

Regards,