Setting up 8200N for FTTC

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
quartermain

Setting up 8200N for FTTC

Post by quartermain »

Has anyone managed this? The printed instructions supplied with the router, which seem to be specifically aimed at UK FTTC, do not work.

Specifically, on the VLAN page, after entering the VLAN ID and selecting "Tag WAN(NAT)" from the dropdown, when you hit Apply you get a message saying that at least one of the LAN ports must be tagged.

Looking at the (very small) diagram, it appears that all four LAN ports have a tick in the box. So I tick them all and hit Apply again.

No error message this time but the PC instantly loses connection to the router - it sits there trying to refresh the page but eventually times out. I have to restart the router, and since I didn't write the changes to the flash, they have been wiped.
quartermain

Re: Setting up 8200N for FTTC

Post by quartermain »

Update - it appears that firmware 1.02h works OK but mine was supplied with 1.02i.dt2.

The main Billion web site has firmware and it is shown as 1.02h but if you actually download it you get 1.02i.dt2.

If anyone knows where to get 1.02h, could they please reply.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

I think you would have a better chance of resolving this problem by raising a ticket via esupport, who should either be able to advise on settings or supply the relevant f/w.

They could as yet be unaware of this problem and may have to modify the f/w upgrade.
quartermain

Post by quartermain »

Billion support have sent me some alternative firmware versions to try out. I will post my findings later.
quartermain

Post by quartermain »

1.02h works just fine. Phew!
cyberpieman

Post by cyberpieman »

Well that explains why I've just spent 3 hours trying to get the thing working !
Hopefully Billion will update the destructions to include a note to download the relevant firmware before disconnecting the old kit

Grrrr! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: