BiPAC 3100SN - LAN Issue

Discussion for models not listed
mcollier

BiPAC 3100SN - LAN Issue

Post by mcollier »

Hi,
I have recently added the 3100SN via wireless connection to 7800N. Everything is fine connecting to either the 3100SN or 7800N via wifi but when trying to use the LAN connection on the 3100SN it only works for about 1 minute before stopping. I.E. I can connect to the internet fine, gives me an IP address from the 7800N, can do an nslookup.. no problem..... for about a minute then the connection drops. It still retains the IP address but nslookup stops working, cannot renew IP address etc. As I say wifi connection seems fine but I brought this to give me a LAN connection to NAS in the garage... Any hints appreciated.

I have it configure WDS/AP lazy mode... Can give further information when I'm at home tomorrow if required.
billion_fan

Re: BiPAC 3100SN - LAN Issue

Post by billion_fan »

Hi mcollier

Can you try the following firmware downgrade for me, this should resolve your LAN issues.

Please follow these steps.

1. Set a static IP to your LAN card in the range of 192.168.1.100
2. Plug up the 3100SN and hold the reset pin hole for 10 seconds while the unit is powered on (reset pin hold found next to the ethernet jack.
3. Log into the device
4. Click on 'Administrator'
5. Click on 'Firmware Upgrade'
6. Select 'Factory Default Setting'
7. Click on the 'Browse' button and select the firmware I have attached here
8. Upgrade the firmware

Once done the units LAN/ethernet connection should work fine.

Please let me know if this firmware resolves your issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcollier

Post by mcollier »

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I am having trouble trying to downgrade. Everything appears to work but when reset it still shows the original firmware version: 1.08e-c (May 10 2001).

Using the pin reset is also different to as you describe, it gives a recovery screen, factory default or current settings with firmware upload option. I have tried that also, again, appears to work but still showing original version. That was with Factory reset.
mcollier

Post by mcollier »

Apologies, obviously 2001 should read 2011..!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

What you need to do is, first reset the unit manually by holding the reset pin hole in for 10 seconds, the WLAN light should go out after around 10-20 seconds and then come back on again to let you know the reset has finished.

Once finished you can plug up a ethernet cable to device, login to the web gui (192.168.1.253) and then go the firmware upgrade page, select factory default settings, and then select the firmware file and finally click on upgrade.

Now leave the unit, it will come up with a count down timer, and once done the firmware should show as 1.06c-k and the unit should be working without ethernet failure.

I hope this helps.
mcollier

Post by mcollier »

Hi, ok let me give it another go. I can't do this until Friday but will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.
mcollier

Post by mcollier »

Hi again, I have followed the instructions to the letter. Everything appears to work as you describe but the firmware remains at 1.08e-c.

Perhaps post the firmware again in case there was a corruption? Although I doubt that as it validates the file ok.

Maybe there is a bug in 1.08e-c that prevents a downgrade :-(
mcollier

Post by mcollier »

Hi again,

I am posting this connected via ethernet on the 3100SN bridged as wanted... :-)

Very strange fix.. Before I was updating firmware from a Netbook running XP. As I say, no errors but firmware never changed.
Just tried the same thing from my MAC, plugging the ethernet into that and it worked... Firmware is now on the one you suggested and so far the ethernet connection has remained stable, a lot longer than before anyway.

Many thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Mark
lancatera

Post by lancatera »

Is there a LAN card that is unable to acquire IP address automatically? Hi! I bought a TP Link Lan card (TF 3239DL) and installed it to my PC. The problem is that it does not acquire IP address automatically. I have to enter an IP address manually so that it can share internet. Are there really LAN cards like this that dont acquire IP address automatically? Or it is just malfunctioning?
Last edited by lancatera on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

lancatera wrote:Is there a LAN card that is unable to acquire IP address automatically? Hi! I bought a TP Link Lan card (TF 3239DL) and installed it to my PC. The problem is that it does not acquire IP address automatically. I have to enter an IP address manually so that it can share internet. Are there really LAN cards like this that dont acquire IP address automatically? Or it is just malfunctioning?
Hi Lancatera

This is a Billion forum and not a TP Link Forum, you should contact TP-Link for further assistance.

I will try and help anyway, so the LAN card works if you assign a static IP to the LAN card, so the LAN card is working.

Have you tried to connect the same LAN/Ethernet cable to another LAN card/computer to see if the same issue occurs.

If the same issue does not occur, then it looks like the issue maybe with the LAN card, and you may need to upgrade the drivers etc.

If the same issue does occur, it might be that your DHCP server inside your router might not be functioning properly, and you may need to check the router to make sure the DHCP server is enabled.

I hope this help.